Meet Principal Consultant, Dennis Arne and Dr Carl Brauhart from CSA Global when they present at the Applied Mineralogy in Exploration as part of the Second Seminar in the Exploration Geochemistry Series on Tuesday 9th April 2019.
Dennis Arne, Telemark Geosciences/CSA Global. An introduction to integrating geochemical and mineralogical data in hydrothermal systems.
- Sasha Pontual, AusSpec International. Demystifying spectral mineralogy.
- Sasha Pontual, AusSpec International. Alteration mineralogy from hand held infrared spectrometers: new technologies driving a revival.
- Melissa Quigley, Spectral Geoscience. International degustation of applied mineral spectroscopy for xploration.
- Lena Hancock, GSWA. Using hyperspectral data, validated by pXRD, for logging rock-forming and alteration mineralogy in Au, Ni, and Li exploration in WA.
- John Woods, SGS. Application of fourier transform infra-red spectroscopy (FTIR) for mineral quantification.
- Alex Otto, CSIRO. Detecting and quantifying lithium with FTIR and LIB spectroscopy.
- Sophie Perring, Portable XRF Services. Rapid field identification of mineral phases in LCT pegmatites by raman spectroscopy.
- Naomi Potter, Portable XRF Services. Applications of micro-XRF in mineral exploration.
- Zofia Swierczek, AXT. Automated mineralogy overview.
MINERAL CHEMISTRY AND INDICATOR MINERALS
- Steve Rowins, CET, Uni WA. The use of detrital apatite to explore undercover: a simple new tool to identify various types of buried mineralisation.
- Ayesha Ahmed, TMVC Research Hub, UTAS. The application of epidote, chlorite and zircon mineral chemistry to porphyry deposit exploration.
- Louise Schoneveld, CSIRO. Investigating indicator minerals for magmatic sulfide deposits.
- Ross Large, CODES, UTAS. Pyrite trace element chemistry as a vector to ore deposits.
- Dennis Arne, Telemark Geosciences. Mineralogical vectoring in the central Victorian Goldfields.
- Heta Lampinen, CET, UWA. Mineral footprint of Abra Pb-Ag (+Zn, Cu, Au) deposit — alteration from microscopic to prospect scale.
- John Walshe, CSIRO. Navigating to grade: mineral mapping in Archean Au systems.
Carl Brauhart, CSA Global. Constraining mineralogy through whole-rock geochemistry.
MEET OUR PRESENTERS
Dennis has over (30) years’ experience in exploration in a wide range of environments in both the minerals and the petroleum industries, as an academic, and in geological surveys. In recent years he has been involved as a consultant in the development of exploration programs for precious and base metals exploration in Australia, North America, South America and the Middle East. Specifically, this has included contributing to exploration targeting reviews and understanding gold and base metals mineral systems, the design, management and interpretation of surficial geochemical surveys, the interpretation of lithogeochemical data, the preparation of QA/QC protocols, reviews of geochemical data quality, and contributions to NI43-101 and JORC/Valmin technical reports. He has published extensively in the areas of applied geochemistry, economic geology and thermal history analysis for tectonic and petroleum exploration applications.
Dr Carl Brauhart
Dr Brauhart is an exploration geologist with more than 20 years’ experience in gold and base-metal exploration, spending much of that time working in frontier areas of Western Australia on grassroots projects. He has a particular interest in geochemistry, both exploration geochemistry and ore deposit geochemistry, and a passion for field work, particularly mapping. Carl has maintained a close association with the Centre for Exploration Targeting at the University of Western Australia where he is the lead researcher on the OSNACA Project (an ore deposit geochemistry research effort).