TAWANA RESOURCES | ASX ANNOUNCEMENT | JANUARY 2017
Tawana Resources NL (TAW:ASX) (Tawana) and Alliance Mineral Assets Limited (SGX:40F) (AMAL) are pleased to advise that the construction and development at the Bald Hill Lithium and Tantalum Mine, in the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia, is on track with lithium concentrate production to commence this Quarter. The Bald Hill project (the Project) is a joint project between Tawana and AMAL.
DMS Plant construction activities have advanced significantly since the last update on 28 November 2017.
• Steelwork installation nearing completion.
• Piping and electrical cabling advancing.
• Power station installed and partly commissioned.
• ROM pad and crusher pad near completion.
• Mining ramping up with daily movements reaching 16,000m3 per day.
• Personnel levels on site peaking at over 200.
• On schedule to commence production this Quarter.
• Work on reserve upgrade underway and results also expected this Quarter.
• Tantalum offtake negotiations are progressing.
Tawana’s Managing Director Mark Calderwood said “The transformation on site since our last update on 28 November has been amazing, with construction pushing through the Christmas period. We are now entering the home straight with commissioning expected to commence within two months.”