CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety, and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.
Scope of Position
As a Principal Consultant, Resource Geology, you will always be expected to operate as a resource estimation practitioner to the highest standards. You will be expected to conduct geological services in accordance with the instructions from the client and CSA Global management in a professional and ethical manner. In doing so and by the standards of your work, you will assist with the promotion of the company to existing and potential clients and generate work for yourself and other CSA Global employees.
Join the team in either Brisbane or Perth, Australia.
Critical requirements to successful performance
- High standard of technical geological knowledge of one or more commodities (gold, copper, bauxite, iron ore, diamonds, etc.).
- High level of Mineral Resource estimation skills.
- Good knowledge of at least one mining software packages (Micromine, Datamine, Surpac, Isatis etc.).
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships and networks within the resource sector.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks to a high standard.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks at the highest standard and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility with hours and work locations.
- Validation of drill hole and other geological data upon receipt from client.
- Review of quality assurance procedures and quality control data provided by the client.
- 3D Modelling of geological features to support Mineral Resource estimation.
- Statistical and geostatistical analysis of data.
- Grade interpolation using appropriate techniques.
- Validation of grade interpolation.
- Reporting of Mineral Resource estimation results in accordance with the JORC Code (or other international codes as required).
- Site visits (domestic and international) and laboratory inspections as required.
- Willingness to act as Competent Person under the JORC Code where appropriate.
- Willingness to assist with corporate assignments (due diligence, independent technical assessments) as required.
- Assistance with integration of resource evaluation activities with other divisions of CSA Global including Data Management, Exploration, Mining and Corporate.
- Develop and manage client relationships.
- Undertake business development on behalf of CSA Global.
- Ensure that CSA Global adopts or improves on best industry standards.
- Attend professional development training as required.
- Attend conferences or technical seminars.
- Travel on short notice.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as instructed by a Manager and/or the Directors.
Environmental, OH&S and EEO
- Ensure the environment, heritage and community are protected at all times.
- Complete all tasks in line with CSA Global or client safety policy.
- Promptly report incidents and accidents or hazards.
- Comply with all appropriate legislation and Company policies.
- 15 + years geological/mining/resource estimation experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of resource estimation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships in a consulting environment.
- Thorough knowledge of JORC reporting requirements and codes from other jurisdictions (NI43-101, SAMREC).
- Strong knowledge of the Australian regulatory environment for resource management.
Qualifications, experience and residency
- Tertiary degree in Geology; (MSc, PhD highly regarded).
- Member of professional geoscientific organization (AusIMM, AIG, Competent Person status for at least two commodities).
- Possess a current unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s license.
- Desirable to possess a current Senior First Aid Certificate.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic and team focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. ERM prides itself on being a value driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please apply now. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. No agency applications accepted. Thank you for adhering to this.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.