CSA Global Principal Resource Geologist, Dr Mathew Cobb is pleased to present on the “Application of Categorical Simulation for Feasibility Level Studies” at the Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG), “Geostats in Practice” one day seminar on Monday 18 June, 2018 in Western Australia.
The AIG Western Australia branch will look at the practical application of geostatistics in Earth Sciences.
Topics will range through the Mineral Resource value chain, showcasing the means by which the use of geostatistics helps solve common and critical problems within the development and exploitation of Mineral Resources with speakers including:
- OSCAR RONDON, CSIRO Geostatistical assessment of recoverable resources – how to do more with less drilling data
- UTE MUELLER, Edith Cowan University Prediction of the major crustal blocks in Australia using the National Geochemical Survey of Australia Data
- HASSAN TALEBI, Edith Cowan University A hybrid model for joint simulation of high-dimensional continuous and categorical variables
- ERIN RETZ, Fortesque Metals Group
- DANIEL GUIBAL SRK Consulting Drillhole spacing analysis in an iron ore deposit
- BOSTA PRATAMA, CUBE Consulting Estimation search neighbourhoods – latest trends
- MATTHEW COBB, CSA Global Application of Categorical Simulation for Feasibility Level Studies
- MIKE LOWRY, BHP Improving the geoscience to mining cycle through uncertainty quantification
- ANDREW WEEKS, Golder Associates Geostats saves the day – a selection of case studies from feasibillity to production
- BILL SHAW, Ore Control Application of geostatistics to mining geology
To register for the is event, click here.
Dr Matthew Cobb
Principal Resource Geologist
Matthew is a geologist and geostatistician with more than 12 years’ experience in exploration, mine geology, due diligence and resource estimation. Matthew’s focus is tailored resource modelling solutions from discovery to grade-control, drawing from a broad range of methods including non-linear and multivariate techniques, with a focus on producing geology driven models using the simplest fit-for-purpose technique. Matthew’s experience includes projects in the Pilbara, WA Goldfields, Eastern Africa, Turkey and Asia