CSA GLOBAL PRESENTS:
A one-day course on:
A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF EXPLORATION GEOCHEMISTRY
Tuesday 19 October 2021 in Perth, Western Australia
PRESENTED BY: Principal Consultant, Exploration Geologist, Dr Peter Neumayr
Multi-element geochemistry is one of the most powerful tools available to an exploration geologist; it is also a tool that many skilled and seasoned practitioners struggle with day to day.
This one-day course is designed for moderately to highly experienced exploration geologists who wish to extend their skills in geochemistry.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a solid grounding in ten important skills in Exploration Geochemistry.
You will be able to:
– Validate data, and recognise the limitations of that data.
– Use X-Y plots to explore data, validate results of more advanced investigations and link to spatially defined anomalies.
– Identify element associations in your data using Principal Component Analysis.
– Recognise that element associations are scale dependent.
– Break false correlations in your data using Centred Log Ratios.
– Understand the advantages of using probability plots over histograms.
– Construct a log additive index that highlights an anomalous metal association.
– Use alteration geochemistry to better understand the mineralogy of a hydrothermal alteration system.
– Discriminate different rock types using immobile element ratios.
– Apply immobile-incompatible element ratios to define separate magma series (or sediment packages).
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
DR PETER NEUMAYR
Peter is a highly motivated exploration geologist with experience ranging from the discovery of mineral deposits through to the integration of geological, geochemical, and geophysical data sets. He has a passion for interpreting the integrated data sets to generate robust exploration targets using the mineral systems concept. He is skilled in testing these exploration targets and improving the targeting strategy based on drill results leading to discovery.
Peter’s field experience includes planning and supervision of drill programs and geological and geotechnical logging and designing and implementation of geochemical and geophysical programs.
PLACES ARE LIMITED
RESERVE A PLACEMENT TODAY!