CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Geological Database Consultant to join our team in Perth, Western Australia.
The successful person in this position will be a proactive and dynamic individual who thrives on challenges and can work within a team-oriented environment.
The candidate should be a master of multi-tasking with the ability to focus on more than one project at a time. Attention to detail with superior client focus and communication skills is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Configuration and administration of various client geological and production databases.
- Providing data of high quality to facilitate JORC standard reporting.
- Generate Quality Control Reports and Mines Department statutory reporting data.
- Providing data capture and analytic solutions.
- Assist in data mining/capture of open file information.
- Client consulting and communication.
- Developing enquiries and new sales opportunities.
People with the following are encouraged to apply:
- Considerable experience in exploration and/or mining.
- Tertiary qualification and previous working experience in geology or GIS.
- Previous experience working with DataShed, GeoBank, Equis and/or AcQuire Databases.
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases and Structured Query Language specific to geological databases.
- High proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access.
- Familiarity with GIS principles and software.
- Business development experience with the ability to develop strategic plans, innovative ideas and marketing initiatives to promote the growth and further success of the business.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- A ‘can-do attitude and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of safety.
The successful person must be client-centric with a mantra of wanting to provide great-service, delivering top-quality work, and adding value in everything we do. The person will be encouraged to maintain their professional networks to facilitate job opportunities.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic, and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. The company prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready for your next career move, please apply by clicking here. This link will direct you to the ERM (parent company) website and navigate you through the application process.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.
ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.