CSA Global‘s Principal Consultant, Ivy Chen will present at the 8th MGEI Annual Convention – “Unconventional Exploration Target & Latest Techniques and New Tools in Mineral and Coal Exploration” between 3-6 October 2016 at the Aston Primera Hotel, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
The convention will be delivered across three stages.
(1) Pre-convention workshops: (3-4 October).
- “Valmin Code 2015 for the Technical Assessment and Valuation of Mineral” by Ivy Chen (AusIMM/CSA Global) and “Project Valuation (Making Better Decision in Mining Project Investment” by Nuzulul Haq (PT Medco)
- “Breccias Associated with Epythermal & Porphyry Systems: Towards A Systematic Approach to Their Description & Interpretation” by Prof. David Cooke (Deputy Director of CODES-UTAS)d. Student workshop
(2) Convention: “Unconventional Exploration Target & Latest Technique and New Tools in Mineral and Coal Exploration” (5-6 October).
(3) Post-convention field trips: Krakatoa Volcano and Pongkor Underground Mine- Penjom Gold Mine (Malaysia).
Ivy Chen – Principal Consultant
BAppSc (Geology), MAusIMM, GAICD
Ivy is a corporate governance specialist with more than 28 years’ experience in mining and resource estimation. She served as the national geology and mining adviser for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) from 2009–2015 and is currently Principal Consultant at CSA Global. Ivy’s experience in the mining industry in Australia and China, as an operations and consulting geologist includes open pit and underground mines for gold, manganese and chromite. As a consulting geologist she has conducted mineral project evaluation, strategy development and implementation, through to senior corporate management roles. Ivy joined the VALMIN committee in 2015.