• Significant intervals of lithium mineralisation continue to be intersected from the ongoing drilling at the Marble Bar Lithium Project (MBLP) in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia.
• Results include:
— 11m @ 1.42% Li2O and 62ppm Ta2O5 from 25m in MBRC0258
— 12m @ 0.88% Li2O and 44ppm Ta2O5 from 82m in MBRC0269
— 9m @ 1.09% Li2O and 61ppm Ta2O5 from 44m in MBRC0270
— 10m @ 0.81% Li2O and 80ppm Ta2O5 from 40m in MBRC0271
— 7m @ 1.00% Li2O and 71ppm Ta2O5 from 24m in MBRC0300
— 7m @ 1.82% Li2O and 66ppm Ta2O5 from 20m in MBRC0310
• Wide intervals from the drilling continue to demonstrate the robustness of the MBLP and enhance the opportunities for increasing the resource base in proximity to the current Archer deposit and along strike further to the south and east
• Ongoing drilling will target these lithium mineralised pegmatites to establish their prospectivity both along strike and down dip.
• Mapping and soils work has delineated three distinct target areas for further exploration (refer to Figure 1).
• Additional outcropping lithium targets remain untested by drilling and these areas will form part of the ongoing focus for the CY2022 drilling program.
Growing multi-asset West Australian lithium company, Global Lithium Resources Limited (ASX: GL1, Global Lithium or the Company) is pleased to report continued encouraging lithium assay results from its Q1/Q2 CY2022
Exploration Program at the Company’s wholly owned MBLP, located 150km southeast of Port Hedland in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Global Lithium Head of Geology, Stuart Peterson commented, “Commencing in February 2022, our 60,000m exploration drilling program has continued to build momentum at the MBLP, with lithium intercepts continuing along the >6km strike of the mineralisation already identified within the project area. The results highlight the prospectivity of the area, particularly as the drilling moves to the southern and eastern areas of GL1’s tenement package.”
“The drilling program supports the targeting effort by the Global Lithium and CSA Global geology teams and provides a strong platform for future growth.”
“Our immediate exploration focus, to add shareholder value across our two assets, remains clearly defined. Firstly, deliver the ongoing CY2022 program at MBLP, including the highly prospective targets that remain untested and secondly, safely execute a 20,000m drilling and exploration campaign at the Manna Lithium Project in the Goldfields region. To our knowledge, we are the only lithium company to be drilling at two independent lithium project sites in the globally recognised, tier 1 lithium mining jurisdiction of Western Australia.”
The majority of MBLP drilling has been designed and targeted to test geochemical trends and mapped pegmatite targets, particularly along the greenstone belt and also several granite hosted pegmatite targets that are located between the Archer deposit and the area to the east near the major regional structural feature of the Brockman Zone.
The drilling intersection highlights reported above have been recorded from drilling to the south and to the east of the Archer pegmatite resource. The drill target locations with prospective mineralised zones are detailed in Figure 1. The target zones extend over distances from 500m to 1.2km with a majority of the drilling being undertaken on a nominal grid pattern with a line spacing of 160m and a hole spacing of 80m.
SOURCE: Global Lithium
DATE: June 10, 2022