CSA Global is excited to be exhibiting and partnering with ERM, major sponsor of the Mines and Money London 2019 Conference between 25-27 November 2019 at the Business Design Centre in London.
The conference will bring together investors and financiers to discover and evaluate new investment opportunities in the mining sector and ERM will share insights on ‘The Mine We Want to See’ and how mining companies can address their sustainability challenges.
Monday 25 November 2019
Session 3: Working with Stakeholders in Africa
16.35 Panel Discussion: Responsible Mining in Africa – what does this mean in practice for key stakeholders
- Richard Musukwa, Minister of Mines and Minerals Development, Government of the Republic of Zambia
- Olebogeng Sentsho, CEO, Simba Mgodi Mining Incubation Fund
- Owen Hegarty, Executive Chairman, EMR Capital
- Dr. Garba Abdulrasaq , Director General , Nigeria Geological Survey Agency
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Session 4: Mine Financing and M&A
12.05 Fireside Chat: What can the mining industry do to get more ESG money?
- What are the key criteria that an ESG investor uses when evaluating whether to allocate to a mining company?
- What are the most common mistakes that miners make when pitching for ESG money?
- Is it possible to define what commodities are ESG compliant? Can coal ever be ESG compliant? Can uranium ever be ESG compliant?
- Is it possible to define what countries / regions are ESG compliant? Can you for example invest in African mining and still be ESG compliant?Adam Matthews, Director of Ethics and Engagement, Church of England Pensions Board, Co-Chair, Transition Pathway Initiative.
Louise Pearce, Global Managing Partner – Mining, ERM
Lunchtime Networking Roundtables – Chatham House Rules
Roundtable 1: Tailings and Water Management
- Ivar Fossum, CEO, Nordic Mining
- Felix Fondem, Director, EPSE Dr Hubert Fleming, Head of Water Management, Anglo American
- Paul Heaney, Director – Ireland, Water, CSA Global
- Nick Wilshaw, Director, CEEC International
- Nic Pollock, Chief Commercial Officer, K2fly
MEET OUR TEAM
Partner-Europe, Middle East & Africa
Galen is a geologist and a partner with more than twenty years’ experience in the international exploration and mining industry, of which the last ten years have been spent in consulting. Galen assists our clients in the areas of project development, scoping and feasibility studies, project evaluation and appraisal, mineral resource audits, due diligence studies, formal reporting and offering geo-corporate advice. He has worked throughout the globe in a variety of geological settings and commodities and acts as a competent/qualified person for JORC 2012, CIM and other CRIRSCO Code public reporting. Galen holds a Bachelor of Geology from the University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom and is a Fellow of AusIMM and the Geological Society of London.
Paul has over 26 years’ consulting experience in water resources assessment, development and management. Paul has managed and directed hydrogeological and hydrological studies associated with mine water supply, mine dewatering/depressurisation, mine closure, water quality, site water balance modelling, groundwater/surface water modelling and site wide mine water management on projects across Africa, Australia, Asia, CIS, Europe and the Middle East. Paul has extensive experience in mine water management in a wide range of climatic and hydrogeological environments, ranging from extreme cold to extreme heat and from arid desert to tropical rainforest. His experience includes both the underground and open pit mining of a wide range of metals. Paul is currently managing the hydrological, hydrogeological and hydro-geochemical aspects of numerous mining studies across the globe. Paul is committed to providing practical, high quality client focused services on time and on budget.
Brendan is a geologist with over 18 years’ experience in the minerals industry and uses his technical prowess to deliver cost-effective, fit-for-purpose solutions to clients worldwide. He has specialist skills in the design, execution and management of exploration projects globally, with a specific focus on the management of exploration projects in Africa and the Middle East. He has a strong commercial acumen and a track record of delivering high quality services and products to clients in addition to building and developing strong teams. He holds a PhD in Structural Geology and has published several papers across international journals.
Principal Mining Engineer
Bruce is a Chartered Mining Engineer with more than 30 years’ experience in underground and surface mining operations in South Africa, Australia and UK. He has served as a Mine Superintendent, Regional and Technical Services Manager and have considerable experience in production management, mine design and planning; with contract management in the precious and
base metal mining industries. Bruce has worked within the explosives industry focusing on drilling and blasting applications, and contracting including management of optimization projects in Australia, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Poland and Kyrgyzstan.
A geologist with over fifteen years’ experience, spanning early stage exploration through to mine site production. Nerys’ skills include 3D implicit and explicit modelling of geology and mineralisation using Micromine and Leapfrog Geo software, drill hole planning for grass roots exploration through to near mine development, site reviews for JORC / NI43-101 compliance, lab audits and Mineral Resource Estimation.
Learn more about CSA Global’s services to the Mining Industry