CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety, and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.
Join the team in either Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, Australia.
This position is responsible for the expansion, execution, and management of client portfolios and projects in the Corporate team. Key deliverables include business development activities to achieve growth for the business, applying specialist geological capability to evaluate and report on client requirements, and demonstrating project leadership to ensure the highest standard of deliverables are produced. It is essential this position nurtures and develops integration across the business to achieve the client outcomes and a culture that reflects the company values.
- Manage and participate in the preparation of technical assessment reports supporting commercial transactions as required by clients and their advisers.
- Manage and participate in mineral asset valuations.
- Conduct geological technical analysis and evaluation to the client’s requirements.
- Review and report Mineral Resource estimation results in accordance with the JORC and VALMIN Codes (or other international codes as required).
- Complete geological modelling and Mineral Resource estimation, including statistical and geostatistical analysis of data.
- Document all analyses and findings in a professional report that is concise, accurate, and easy to read.
- Review of quality assurance procedures and quality control data provided by the client.
- Develop client proposals that are accurate and reflect an understanding of the client’s unique requirements, and where necessary proactively manage variation requests.
- Engage resource industry leaders and participants to identify business opportunities and develop service offerings.
- Foster and grow the professional network to be aware of market opportunities, changes, and growth.
- Promote CSA Global at industry forums through active engagement and presentations.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of ERM’s services to provide holistic solutions to the client.
- Interact with clients in a professional, authentic, and competent manner to encourage long term client relationships.
- Effectively scale client accounts, build client relationships, and deliver sustainability solutions.
- Identify opportunities to expand client customer portfolio with high growth, high-value clients.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, monitor and report project performance.
- Provide project leadership by establishing a clear plan, accountabilities, deliverables, and timeframes.
- Achieve client satisfaction through project communications and engagement, quality of outputs produced to deliver client service excellence.
- Minimize project risk by adhering to company governance and authorisation requirements.
- Identification of improvements and efficiencies in the delivery of projects.
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others in the workplace and comply with the relevant legislative requirements and HSE management system policies and procedures.
- If required you must wear, use and maintain the provided personal protective equipment and report any unsafe practices or conditions which come to your attention.
- Each employee will take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Significant experience in the resources, exploration, or mining experience.
- Strong networking skills and track record of successful business development in a consulting environment.
- Extensive experience in building client relationships and delivering sustainability solutions.
- Possess strong knowledge of best practice mineral asset valuation and technical assessment approaches.
- Familiarity with the regulated commercial environment is desirable but not mandatory – stock exchange listing environment, mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, minerals sector technical support for independent financial experts’ reports.
- Familiarity with presenting minerals sector-related technical training in live and online environments is desirable but not mandatory.
Skills and Knowledge
- High standard of technical geological knowledge of one or more commodities (precious metals, copper, iron ore, manganese, etc.).
- High level of Mineral Resource estimation skills.
- Good knowledge of at least one mining software packages (Micromine, Datamine, Surpac, Minescape etc.).
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships and networks within the resource sector.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks to a high standard.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks at the highest standard and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility with hours and work locations.
Qualifications, experience and residency
- A tertiary degree in Geology or Mining Engineering is essential; postgraduate qualifications in mineral economics, company management are desirable.
- Member or Fellow of the professional geoscientific organisation (AIG, AusIMM), competent person status for at least two commodities essential.
- Possess a current unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s license.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic and team focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. ERM prides itself on being a value driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please apply now. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agency applications accepted. Thank you for adhering to this.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Who We Are:
We are a geological and mining consulting company that provides trusted technical and expert services, training, and independent corporate advice to public and private mining companies, and financial and legal groups. CSA Global is an ERM Group Company that has been providing services to its clients across all mineral commodities and regions globally for over 35 years. Our team of geologists, engineers, mining consultants, and data specialists are some of the most experienced and sought-after professionals across the mining industry.