CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Principal Mining Engineer to join our global team in Perth, Western Australia.
The successful person will provide technical and project management expertise to complete mining studies, mine planning, Ore Reserve reporting, due diligence studies and operational reviews.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce mining engineering studies from conceptual through to Feasibility Studies within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Conduct mine optimisation, design, scheduling, cost estimation and operational support to assist our clients to realise the highest value from their projects.
- Deliver a high standard of professional work that reflects the client’s unique requirements and grows the business’ reputation.
- Assume the role of project manager to deliver projects that meet the requirement, are on time and within budget.
- Maintain and grow your professional network to identify and secure job opportunities.
- Generate professional, accurate and concise technical reports.
- Conduct peer reviews in order to provide appropriate quality assurance.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Comprehensive experience as a mining engineer in either operating mines or detailed mine planning studies.
- Competent user of mine planning software, either Deswik or Datamine preferred.
- Awareness of JORC and Ni 43-101, Samrec Codes and reporting requirements.
- Possesses the experience required for Ore Reserve estimates competency in several commodities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an ability to prioritise and work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate respect and understanding of health and safety.
- Competent in producing timely, accurate, concise, easy to read reports that meet client’s needs.
- A passion for business development is complemented by a demonstrated ability to maintain and grow professional networks to secure business.
- An authentic and professional communicator who displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering; further studies will be highly regarded.
- Member of AusIMM or similar recognised organisations.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic, and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. The company prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready for your next career move, please apply by clicking here. This link will direct you to the ERM (parent company) website and navigate you through the application process.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.
ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.