CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
The Resources division is a highly regarded global leader in the provision of resource estimation services. Our international group consists of over 25 resource geologists backed by experience in almost all deposit styles.
CSA Global prides itself on providing an integrated approach across the mine value chain with an emphasis on geoscience, innovative solutions and adding value to our clients’ projects.
We are looking for a passionate, committed, and professional Principal Resource Geologist to join our Vancouver or Toronto team.
As part of the Resources team, you will have the unique opportunity to work across a large variety of global projects and have strong working relationships with the global team.
Our company provides global focus, yet is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a difference.
Key responsibilities include:
We are looking for positive, enthusiastic people who have the following attributes:
- Authentic and professional communication that displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements.
- High level of geological knowledge around multiple commodities (gold, copper, lead, zinc, bauxite, iron ore, etc.).
- A high level of Mineral Resource estimation skills; experience in advanced geostatistics is desirable.
- Experience reviewing quality assurance procedures and quality control data.
- Competent with 3D Modelling of geological features.
- Strong software capability with at least one but preferably a number of the leading mining packages: e.g. Leapfrog Geo/Edge, Datamine, Micromine, Surpac, Supervisor, Isatis etc.
- Thorough knowledge of NI43-101 reporting requirements and familiarity with codes from other jurisdictions (JORC, SAMREC).
- Willingness to participate in site visits (domestic and international) and laboratory inspections.
- An understanding and respect of health and safety, which is demonstrated through behaviour.
- To be registered and in good standing with one or more of the provincial Canadian Engineering regulatory bodies (PGeo), and added beneficial registration with AusIMM or other crucial international engineering societies.
- Tertiary degree in Geology/Mining (PhD and MSc well regarded).
- Valid working rights in Canada.
To excel in this role, it is essential that you have the technical ability and are passionate about and have proficiency in business development. CSA Global has its style of business development, where networks and integrity are critical. These attributes must be central to the way you approach business development. The successful person must be client-centric with a mantra of providing outstanding service, delivering top-quality work, and adding value to everything we do.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic, and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. The company prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready for your next career move, please apply by clicking here. This link will direct you to the ERM (parent company) website and navigate you through the application process.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.