CSA Global, part of the ERM Group, is a geological, mining and management consulting company providing strategic mining services, as well as independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
The Resources division is a highly regarded global leader in the provision of resource estimation services. Our international group consists of over 25 resource geologists backed by experience in almost all deposit styles. CSA Global prides itself on providing an integrated approach across the mine value chain with an emphasis on geoscience, innovative solutions and adding value to our clients’ projects.
We are looking for a passionate, committed, and professional Principal Resource Geologist to join our Perth or Brisbane team. As part of the Resources team, you will have the unique opportunity to work across a large variety of global projects and have strong working relationships with the global team. Our company provides global focus yet is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a difference.
Key responsibilities include:
- Authentic and professional communication that displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements.
- A passion for business development, which is complemented with demonstrated ability.
- High level of geological knowledge regarding one or more commodities (gold, copper, lead, zinc, bauxite, iron ore, etc.).
- High level of Mineral Resource estimation skills.
- Experience reviewing quality assurance procedures and quality control data.
- Competent with 3D Modelling of geological features.
- Skilled in performing statistical and geostatistical analysis of data.
- Proficient at grade interpolation and validation.
- Strong software capability with at least one of the main mining packages: e.g. Leapfrog Geo/Edge, Datamine, Micromine, Surpac, Supervisor, and Isatis etc.
- Thorough knowledge of JORC reporting requirements and codes from other jurisdictions (NI43-101, SAMREC).
- Willingness to participate in site visits (domestic and international) and laboratory inspections.
- Ability to act as Competent Person for at least one style of mineralisation under the JORC Code.
- Tertiary degree in Geology/Mining (PhD and MSc well regarded).
- Experience in advanced geostatistics would be highly regarded.
To excel in this role, it is essential that you have technical ability and are proficient in business development. CSA Global has its own style of business development, where networks and integrity are critical. These attributes must be central to the way you approach business development. The successful person must be client-centric with a mantra of wanting to provide great-service, delivering top-quality work, and adding value in everything we do.
If you are interested in joining the CSA Global team, please send your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com.
All candidates must have Australian working rights.
No resumes will be accepted from agencies. Thank you for adhering to this requirement.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, or disability status.