CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety, and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.
Scope of Position
This position is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining GIS, exploration and geological databases and provide database, GIS and drafting support to geologists. The person will also be encouraged to nurture their professional network to facilitate job opportunities.
We will consider candidates who are interested in a full-time, part-time or a casual working arrangement.
Join the team in Perth, Western Australia.
Key responsibilities include
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Demonstrate authentic and professional communication that displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements.
- Configuration and administration of various client geological and production databases.
- Providing data of a high quality to facilitate JORC standard reporting.
- Generate Quality Control Reports and Mines Department statutory reporting data.
- Providing data capture and analytic solutions.
- Assist in data mining/capture for open file information.
- Client consulting and communication.
- Developing enquiries and new sales opportunities.
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others in the workplace and comply with the relevant legislative requirements and HSE management system policies and procedures.
- If required you must wear, use and maintain the provided personal protective equipment and report any unsafe practices or conditions which come to your attention.
- Each employee will take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
Requirements critical to successful performance
- Comprehensive experience in Exploration/Mining.
- Previous experience working with GeoBank and/or DataShed essential.
- Previous experience working with Equis and/or AcQuire Databases is desirable.
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases and Structured Query Language specific to geological databases.
- High proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access.
- Familiarity with GIS principles and software is desirable.
- Business development experience with the ability to develop strategic plans and marketing initiatives to promote the growth and further success of the business highly desirable
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, experience and residency
Tertiary qualification and/or previous working experience in Geology or GIS is highly desirable.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic and team focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. ERM prides itself on being a value driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please apply now. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. No agency applications accepted. Thank you for adhering to this.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.