CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety, and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors.
Join the team in either Brisbane or Perth, Australia.
Scope of Position
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Senior Mining Engineer to join our global team in Perth. The successful person will deliver client projects with the highest standard of professionalism and technical excellence. Support the successful delivery of company proposals and projects in line with our vision, values and our strategic imperatives. Execute safe and successful design, planning, optimisation, and execution of operational mining activities. Deliver client projects with the highest standard of professionalism and technical excellence. The local and global team will provide technical expertise and guidance to develop the person as their exposure to clients, commodities and countries grows.
Key responsibilities include
- Produce mining engineering studies from conceptual through to Feasibility Studies within multi-disciplinary teams
- Conduct mine optimisation, design, scheduling, cost estimation and operational support to assist our clients to realise the highest value from their projects.
- Deliver a high standard of professional work that reflects the client requirements and grows the business’ reputation.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, monitor and report project performance.
- Generate professional, accurate and concise technical reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s unique requirements.
- Successfully navigate through ambiguity to deliver projects.
- Participate in generating proposals and project plans to execute work for clients.
- Conduct Peer Reviews in order to provide appropriate quality assurance.
- Identify and escalate problems in completing work in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure that assigned work is completed according to agreed standards, scope and timeframe.
- Ensure awareness of time and budget considerations and that these are not exceeded. Where potential issues may exist, these should escalate at the first opportunity.
- Demonstrate authentic and professional communication that displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements.
Requirements critical to successful performance
- Comprehensive experience as an Open pit Mining Engineer in either operating mines or detailed mine planning studies. Additional underground capabilities would be well regarded for this role.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge encompassing multiple mining methods and commodities is considered essential.
- Self starter with a can do attitude is essential for this consultant role.
- Driven and focused outlook to learn and delivery to client scope of work.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow through to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and be adaptable to dynamic changes.
- Competent user of mine planning software, either Deswik or Datamine preferred.
- Be analytical as well as practical.
- Awareness of JORC and Ni 43-101, Samrec Codes and reporting requirements.
- Aware of experience required to achieve competency for Ore Reserve estimates in a number of commodities.
- Visible respect and understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels, particularly written reports.
- Proven ability to work as a productive and positive team member.
Skills and Knowledge
- High standard of technical geological knowledge of one or more commodities (precious metals, copper, iron ore, manganese, etc.).
- High level of Mineral Resource estimation skills.
- Good knowledge of at least one mining software packages (Micromine, Datamine, Surpac, Minescape etc.).
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships and networks within the resource sector.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks to a high standard.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks at the highest standard and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility with hours and work locations.
Environmental, OH&S & EEO
Take reasonable care of themselves and others in the workplace and comply with the relevant legislative requirements and HSE management system policies and procedures. If required you must wear, use and maintain the provided personal protective equipment and report any unsafe practices or conditions which come to your attention. Each employee will take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
Qualifications, experience and residency
- Tertiary degree in Geology/Mining (PhD and MSc well regarded).
- Member AusIMM or eligible for membership, or similar recognised organisations .
- Valid working rights in Australia.
- Demonstrated mining and technical work experience in excess of 7 years.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic and team focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. ERM prides itself on being a value driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please apply now. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agency applications accepted. Thank you for adhering to this.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Who We Are:
We are a geological and mining consulting company that provides trusted technical and expert services, training, and independent corporate advice to public and private mining companies, and financial and legal groups. CSA Global is an ERM Group Company that has been providing services to its clients across all mineral commodities and regions globally for over 35 years. Our team of geologists, engineers, mining consultants, and data specialists are some of the most experienced and sought-after professionals across the mining industry.