An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Exploration team at CSA Global.
We are seeking the services of an experienced Consultant/Geoscientist who enjoys being challenged and has a high geological knowledge of commodities.
This permanent role will be based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
About CSA Global
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry. Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally.
We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas. CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
This role offers you the opportunity to gain broad exposure to our clients diverse business interests globally, as well as an outstanding working environment and lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with potential and existing clients and identify future opportunities
- Design and implementation of exploration programs in multiple commodities
- Carry out field based regolith, geology, structure mapping and Rx/geochem sampling
- Plan exploration/resource or resource expansion drilling
- Deliver drill core/RC/RAB logging and structure/geology interpretation
- Undertake 3D geology modelling for drill planning/resource estimation/expansion
- Review/advise company QA-QC procedures in line with JORC 2012 or 43-101
- Possess advanced report writing skills
- Develop project/tenement evaluation
- Undertake geotechnical mapping and some modelling
- Provide other geological services as may be required from time to time
- Liaise with Principal consultants on cross selling opportunities
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
- An ability to demonstrate business development skills through on going liaison with clients.
- Reside in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
- Demonstrate significant exploration and geological knowledge across commodities (copper, iron ore, nickel, etc)
- Resource modelling and estimation skills considered beneficial
- An ability to mentor, lead, and manage teams
- An ability to co-ordinate, plan and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Show working knowledge of GIS (Mapinfo, ArcGIS) and mining software packages (Micromine, Datamine, Leapfrog)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Outlook
- An ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Display flexibility with hours and work locations
- Express an enthusiasm and passion for geological excellence and exploration success
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- 10 – 15 + years exploration/mining experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams in remote locations.
- Tertiary degree in Geology; (MSc, Ph.D. highly regarded)
- Possess a current unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s license
- Desirable to possess a current Senior First Aid Certificate, MARCSTA and 4WD Defensive Driver Training.
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to Andrea Bold.
Visit our website for more information. Closing date for all applications is Friday 7th April 2017.
Shortlisting for this exciting position will commence immediately and only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to live & work in Australia.
Thank you for considering CSA Global as a potential employer.
No agency referrals.