An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Exploration team at CSA Global.
We are seeking the services of an experienced geoscientist.
This full-time role will be based in the Perth headquarters of CSA Global.
About CSA Global
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry. Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally.
We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas. CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
This role offers you the opportunity to gain broad exposure to our clients diverse business interests globally, as well as an outstanding working environment and lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with senior consulting staff and provide general geoscientific support, across multiple commodities
• Design and implementation of exploration and geophysical programmes
• 3D geological modelling
• Strong data interrogation skills
• Ability to manage drill programmes in the field
• Strong capability to problem solve
• Delivery on-going administrative process
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
• Good general geological and field based experience
• 5-10 years’ geological experience required, prefer diverse commodity experience
• Strong computer literacy; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Outlook
• Strong GIS (MapInfo, ArcGIS, QGIS) skills, 3D data evaluation and modelling (Micromine, Leapfrog)
• Geophysical analysis/modelling desirable
• Demonstrate an ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Excellent written/oral communication skills
• Be a team player with energy, drive and capacity to work within deadlines
• Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised as required
• Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks to a high standard
• Flexibility with hours and work locations
• Ability to interact and assist management
• Possess a sense of humour
• Geoscience Degree (Whilst post-graduation qualification is considered highly, practical field experience is a must)
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to Andrea Bold.
Visit our website for more information. Closing date for all applications is Friday 7th April 2017.
Shortlisting for this exciting position will commence immediately and only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to live & work in Australia.
Thank you for considering CSA Global as a potential employer.
No agency referrals.
CSA Global wishes to advise this role has been updated as of 31st March 2017