An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual at CSA Global.
This is a full-time role which will be based across any one of our global locations including: Perth, Brisbane, Johannesburg, Horsham, Toronto or Vancouver.
About the Company
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry.
Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally. We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas.
CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
- Planning and undertaking consulting activities in the battery metals space (and related commodities), with reference to exploration, Mineral Resources, metallurgy, mineralogy, geometallurgy, mining, etc, as may be required to fulfill client requirements.
- Managing, coordinating, and planning of battery metals projects inclusive of technical evaluation, budgeting, logistics, staffing, scheduling and administration at or above standards considered to be acceptable industry practices.
- Executing work using appropriate staff, equipment and techniques.
- Undertaking data validation, compilation and modelling and interpretation of results.
- Assisting with an orderly handover of projects to colleagues for resource development work, mine planning or mining operations.
- Reporting of activities, finding and recommendations to peers and clients in a format and to a standard suitable for public release.
- Understanding and complying with your professional responsibilities as prescribed by the code of ethics of your relevant professional organisation, reporting codes, regulatory bodies and laws.
- Maintaining positive relations with clients, partners and colleagues.
- Managing Company or client expenditure within agreed budget limits.
- Assisting with the marketing and promotion of the Company, be a key driver of business development in respect to battery metals and related disciplines.
- Helping to identify, develop and implement business strategies to achieve personal and business unit performance targets.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and professional development.
- Ensuring you maintain a strong safety work ethic and at all times comply with OH&S and EEO legislation and Company policies.
- Assisting in maintaining a positive organisational culture, uphold the Company’s values and help to enhance the Company’s reputation.
The commodity-coordinator for Battery Metals is a key liaison within the CSA Global organisation with respect to battery metals. As such, the incumbent is expected to make best efforts to ensure they:
- Have an awareness of all opportunities related to battery metals and related commodities/disciplines.
- Provide guidance and input with respect to the development and conversion of these opportunities through influence across the company.
- Where appropriate, integrate other staff and associates into proposals and opportunities to maximise utilization and ensure the most pertinent/qualified person available completes the work.
- Consider, as appropriate, opportunities where other work may be/is appropriate that other personnel/divisions can undertake and liaise with the relevant person to communicate these opportunities.
- Mentor and assist with the professional development of peers, direct reports and junior staff to promote continuous improvement.
- Engage in external networking and other business development activities such as meetings, presentations and proposals to clients.
- Identify new clients, understand their current needs, mindful of market conditions and present the value proposition of CSA Global’s service offerings.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
- Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and to mentor and lead others.
- Capability to prioritise tasks, and plan and implement necessary actions to achieve goals.
- Possess a high standard of geological, mineralogical and metallurgical knowledge of battery metals.
- Skills with exploration (e.g. Mapinfo, ArcGIS) and mining software packages (e.g. Micromine, Leapfrog, etc).
- Competency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Enthusiasm and passion for geological excellence and exploration success.
- Enjoy working outdoors and travelling to remote locations.
- Acceptance of the need for flexibility with working hours and work locations.
- Personal values aligned with those of the Company.
- 20+ years exploration/mining experience in a variety of geological terrains, with a significant proportion of this within the battery metals space.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake and lead battery metals projects/activities to very high standards.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Tertiary degree in Geology or related subject (postgraduate qualifications highly regarded).
- Possess a current unrestricted driver’s licence.
- Desirable to possess a current Senior First Aid Certificate, MARCSTA and 4WD training.
CSA Global culture
CSA Global has a culture of excellence that revolves around our core values of care, integrity and respect. We have an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive outlook and flexible approach which create a rewarding work environment. Leadership, excellence and extra effort are rewarded via opportunities for promotion. Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted about this particular position.
Applying for this Role
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to: email@example.com
Visit our website at www.csaglobal.com for more information.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 22 February 2019.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.