CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological, mining and management consultancy that provides strategic mining services and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories, employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects worldwide and across all sectors.
We are looking for a passionate and committed Manager – Mining Engineering, to join our global team, based in Perth. The successful person will drive growth and profitability through technical excellence, execute the strategic direction and live our values. Consultation and collaboration are critical to success in the position, including working closely with ERM and connecting with global leaders. All of this can only be achieved by leading, enhancing and supporting an exceptional group of highly talented, engaged and motivated individuals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide inspirational leadership that engages and motivates the team and reinforces established company culture and integration.
- Provide commercial and technical leadership, focused on growth and business reputation, founded on a deep understanding of the mining industry and the business of
- Lead mining studies from conceptual through preliminary to feasibility stages.
- Undertake due diligence and operational reviews.
- Manage and monitor project execution and delivery by the team to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through behaviours, leadership and reinforcing the company’s health and safety culture.
- Develop, implement, and achieve a financial budget to ensure the team achieves its business deliverables.
- Nurture business relationships and develop new business for the company through effective networking and company promotion.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of ERM’s mining-industry strategy
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Significant, demonstrated experience as a Mining Engineer in operational and managerial roles.
- Thorough knowledge of the JORC Code, NI 43-101, VALMIN, SAM Codes and other public reporting codes.
- Able to act as a Competent/Qualified Person for Ore Reserve estimates in various commodities and mining types.
- Strong networking skills and track record of successful business development in a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand clients’ perspectives and address their unique requirements.
- Extensive experience growing client accounts, building client relationships and delivering sustainability solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written reports.
- Experience building, guiding, managing, mentoring, motivating and rewarding teams while setting and delivering revenue and profit targets.
- Successful track record of building trusted relationships with employees and clients.
- Possess teamwork, communications and management skills needed for success in a rapidly growing, matrixed, and changing organization.
- Current Fellow AusIMM member or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering; postgraduate studies will be highly regarded.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic, and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. ERM prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please apply now. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or contact our HR team on +61 8 9355 1677.
No agency applications accepted. Thank you for adhering to this.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.