An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Canadian team at CSA Global.
We are seeking the services of a highly experienced geologist focused on exploration with a passion for excellence in geoscience and mining.
This full-time role will based in our Vancouver office.
About CSA Global
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry. Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally.
We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas. CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
This role offers you the opportunity to gain broad exposure to our clients diverse business interests globally, as well as an outstanding working environment and lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implementation of exploration and evaluation programs in collaboration with our clients
- Provide high-level advice on geology and mineral deposit geology
- Help identify, develop and implement business strategies to achieve personal and business unit performance targets
- Maintain positive relations with clients, partners and colleagues
- Report on activities, results and recommendations to peers and clients at a very high standard in a format suitable for public release
- Strong capability to develop pragmatic and innovative solutions.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
- Tertiary degree in geology and currently registered as a Professional Geoscientist in at least one jurisdiction in Canada
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mineral exploration (incl. mining), with some time spent as a consultant preferred
- Ability to function at a high technical level in the areas of structural geology and 3D modelling; experience with integration of geochemical, spectral and mineralogical data highly desirable
- A focus on integrated geoscience to develop a strong understanding the mineral system and how this can be used to understand the geometallurgy of deposits
- Strong computer literacy with GIS and other geological/mining software; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to budget and provide high quality deliverables
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with a willingness to travel internationally and within Canada
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Be a team player with energy, drive and capacity to work within deadlines
- Must have an extensive industry network and willingness to generate work for themselves and others within the group
- Flexibility with hours and work locations.
- Postgraduate qualification in a discipline relevant to the resource industry
- Possess a current unrestricted driver’s licence
- Possess a current First Aid Certificate.
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to Chris Pennimpede.
Visit our website for more information. Shortlisting for this exciting position will commence immediately and only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to live & work in Canada.
Thank you for considering CSA Global as a potential employer.
No agency referrals requested.