CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
The company offers a flexible and dynamic work environment which is focused on teamwork. Company values, including caring for people, are central to the organisation’s culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Resource Geologist to join our team based in either Toronto or Vancouver, Canada.
As a Principal Resource Geologist, you will be expected to operate as a resource estimation practitioner at all times to the highest standards. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct resource estimation and mining services in accordance with the instructions from the client and CSA Global management in a professional and ethical manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Validation of drill hole and other geological data upon receipt from the client.
- Review of quality assurance procedures and quality control data provided by the client.
- 3D Modelling of geological features to support Mineral Resource estimation.
- Statistical and geostatistical analysis of data.
- Grade interpolation using appropriate techniques.
- Validation of grade interpolation.
- Reporting of Mineral Resource estimation results in accordance with the JORC Code (or other international codes as required).
- Site visits (domestic and international) and laboratory inspections as required.
- Willingness to act as a Competent Person under the JORC Code where appropriate.
- Willingness to assist with corporate assignments (due diligence, independent technical assessments) as required.
- Assistance with the integration of resource evaluation activities with other divisions of CSA Global including Data Management, Exploration, Mining and Corporate.
- Develop and manage client relationships.
- Undertake business development on behalf of CSA Global and
- Ensure that CSA Global adopts or improves on best industry standards.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Tertiary degree in Mining/Geology; (MSc, PhD highly regarded).
- Member of professional geoscientific organization (AusIMM, Competent Person status for at least two commodities).
- Possess a current unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s license and
- Desirable to possess a current Senior First Aid Certificate.
If you are ready to take your next career move or you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
All candidates must have valid working rights in Canada.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.