CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
The company offers a flexible and dynamic work environment which is focused on teamwork. Company values, including caring for people, are central to the organisation’s culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our global finance team based in Perth, Western Australia.
This role is responsible for performing all functions and reports relating to the accounting management of the projects, including invoicing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all financial information related to projects and liaising directly with project managers.
- Setup new projects in the system, ensuring all details are correct and approvals are in place.
- Analysing project budgets to gain an understanding of variances and performance, communicating this to mangers.
- Preparation of project reconciliations.
- Preparation of commentary and analysis of month-end results relating to the performance of each division working with.
- Evaluating utilisation reports and the impact on gross margin and overall profit.
- Ongoing WIP analysis and review along with month-end reconciliation with an emphasis in ageing, budgeting and utilisation.
- Preparation of monthly invoicing and ensuring all billings reconcile to the project, WIP performed to date and aligned with the company’s obligations under the contract.
- Review of aged debtors’ reports noting collection efforts, concerns and possible provision for doubtful debts.
- Performing monthly full balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with the month-end close process including aged WIP/debtors review, accruals and payroll journals.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience in accounts, projects and financial reporting.
- Experience with multicurrency transactions.
- Exceptional attention to detail, confidentiality, work prioritisation, enthusiastic and capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in finance/accounting and a current professional designation.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an expert level in Excel.
- Experience with BST is highly desirable.
If you are ready to take your next career move, please click here to apply which will take you to our parent company’s (ERM) website. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
All candidates must have valid working rights in Australia.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.