CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consultancy that provides strategic mining services and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. ERM is a leading global provider of sustainability, environmental, health, safety, and social consulting services. It has more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world and across all sectors. We promote a culture of teamwork and are committed to delivering high quality products and services. Fostering this type of environment allows for co-operation, sharing of ideas and trusting relationships to form.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Senior Consultant, Geostatistician to join our global team based in Canada. The successful person will perform advanced geostatistical analysis, resource estimation and data science analysis to help solve our client’s problems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Applying advanced geostatistical methods (e.g., MIK, LUC, SGS, SIS, PCA-MAF, PPMT) to solve geological and/or environmental problems.
- Integrating resource estimation and simulation with geometallurgical and reserve modelling, optimisation, and mining studies, in collaboration with CSA Global geometallurgical, mining, and environmental teams.
- Applying machine learning methods when appropriate to solve resource estimation and simulation, geometallurgical, and environmental problems.
- Delivering projects that are accurate, concise, easy to read, professional, timely and within budget.
- Act as Qualified Person or Competent Person.
- Maintaining and growing your professional network to identify and secure job opportunities.
- Developing client proposals and work with CSA Global teams to meet client needs.
- Demonstrating authentic and professional communication that displays confidence, competency, and a desire to understand our client’s requirements, evoking loyalty and repeat business
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others in the workplace while complying with applicable legislative requirements and HSE management policies and procedures.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Several years experience working in geostatistics experience in mining, exploration, and environment.
- Expertise in applying advanced geostatistical methods (e.g., MIK, LUC, SGS, SIS, PCA-MAF, PPMT) to solve geological and/or environmental problems.
- Knowledge of applying geostatistics and machine learning to geometallurgical and environmental spatial data modeling is an asset.
- Sound technical knowledge in resource estimation processes.
- Knowledge of reporting requirements and codes (NI43-101, JORC, SAMREC, etc).
- High standard of technical geological knowledge of at least one commodity.
- Familiarity with relevant software packages, such as isatis.neo, Supervisor, Datamine, Surpac, Leapfrog Edge, etc.
- Strong data science background in supervised and unsupervised learning using well known python packages (e.g., sklearn, TensorFlow, keras, pytorch etc.) is an added advantage.
- Understanding of mineral exploration and resource estimation.
To excel in this role, it is essential that you have technical ability and a desire to engage in business development. CSA Global has its own style of business development, where networks and integrity are critical. The successful person must be client-centric with a mantra of wanting to provide great service, delivering top-quality work, and adding value in everything we do.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. The company prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
To apply for this position – see more here.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, or disability status.