CSA Global, part of the ERM Group, is a geological, mining and management consulting company providing strategic mining services, as well as independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. The company offers a flexible and dynamic work environment which is focused on teamwork. Company values, including caring for people, are central to the organisation’s culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mining Engineer to join our team based in either Toronto or Vancouver, Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete all tasks in line with CSA and client safety policy.
- Complete day-to-day project data management and mining engineering work assigned to you, which will have been deemed appropriate for your skill level, experience and technical exposure.
- Provide consulting services to clients.
- Understand importance of client relationships.
- Write technical reports in line with CSA Global standards and expectations.
- Participate in and conduct Peer Reviews in order to provide appropriate quality. assurance to the work completed by CSA Global.
- Identify and escalate problems in completing work in a timely manner.
- Participate in generating proposals and project plans to execute work for clients.
- Ensure that assigned work is completed according to agreed standards, scope and timeframe.
- Ensure awareness of time and budget considerations and that these are not exceeded. Where potential issues may exist, these should be discussed with senior staff at the first opportunity.
- Communicate with Clients where required, and understand their needs and requirements, and discuss these with senior staff where appropriate.
- Train and mentor mining engineers or other colleagues (if applicable) who assist you in completing project work.
- Ensure that the quality of work and results meets the standards expected by CSA Global and Clients.
- Provide technical advice and appropriate solutions to Clients within your areas of experience.
- Be involved in Client planning meetings where appropriate.
- Always comply with PPE, OH&S and EEO legislation as well as CSA Global Company policies and procedures.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering.
- Member AusIMM, or similar recognised organisations.
- Open cut and/or underground mine operations
- Mine planning experience in either operating mines or detailed mine planning studies.
- User of mine planning software, either Micromine, Datamine, Surpac, Whittle 4x.
- Aware of JORC and Ni 43-101, Samrec Codes and reporting requirements.
- Aware of experience required to achieve competency for Ore Reserve Estimates in a number of commodities.
If you are ready to take your next career move or you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
All candidates must have valid working rights in Canada.
CSA Global, an ERM Group Company, is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.