An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our consulting team at CSA Global as a data management specialist. This is a full-time role which will based in either our Perth or Brisbane office.
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry. Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group, was founded in Ireland and 1986 established itself in Perth, Western Australia. Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally.
We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas.
We are seeking a senior database specialist who is highly experienced in managing exploration and mining data and information. You will enjoy being challenged and enjoy developing and maintaining client relationships and be a master of multi-tasking. This role involves communicating and collaborating with our teams and clients around the world and may require you to travel for project work.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• 5+ years’ experience managing and implementing geological databases and providing data handling solutions.
• A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with geoscientific database management systems and exploration and mining software.
• Good understanding of exploration and mine site procedures.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• A proactive and enthusiastic approach to learning in a rapidly changing environment.
• A strong desire to contribute to technical, commercial and strategic business thinking.
• Proven client management and business development experience.
• Degree qualification/s in a geoscientific discipline, or equivalent relevant education.
• acQuire, Datashed, Geobank experience or equivalent experience.
• Experience in GIS applications ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS.
• Micromine or equivalent exploration and mining software experience.
CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects. We provide the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters. This role offers you the opportunity to gain broad exposure to our clients diverse business interests globally, as well as an outstanding working environment and lifestyle.
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to: email@example.com
Visit our website at www.csaglobal.com for more information.
Closing date for all applications is Friday, 9 March 2018.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED