Join us from anywhere in the world for a one day short course on ‘Geochemical Modelling for Ore-Body Knowledge and Exploration Targeting’ bought to you by Kinross Gold Corp featuring CSA Global Principal Geoscientist, Pim van Geffen and industry experts globally.
This PDAC short course will be presented in a new, virtual format. Course content will be available on Friday, March 5th for on-demand viewing, allowing registrants to start, stop and re-play content at their leisure.
All presenters will then join for a LIVE panel discussion to close out the event.
The PDAC Virtual Convention will run from Friday, March 5, 2021 – Friday, March 12, 2021
- 7.5 hours of on-demand content available as of Friday, March 5
- LIVE Panel discussion and Q&A: Friday, March 12, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- ORGANIZER: Kinross Gold Corp.
Multi-element geochemistry represents the largest and most reliable spatially distributed dataset in mining and exploration projects. This makes geochemical data fundamental to model three-dimensional (3D) geological attributes of orebodies. An often-overlooked usage of geochemical data is its direct application for modelling operational attributes such as hardness, mill throughput, recoveries, and environmental domains. These 3D-attributes are critical for economic evaluation of mining projects and represent the best data-driven proxy for exploration targeting.
Traditional geochemical research has contributed numerous generalized templates, derived from total and near-total digestions, to discriminate geological attributes. This conventional approach is important but limits the full capability of geochemical applications in the value chain of mining projects, because other cost-effective geochemical data, such as weak digestions and portable instrument determinations, do not meet the stoichiometric assumptions of most geochemical templates. In this case, mathematical modeling of geochemical data including application of machine learning algorithms allows geoscientists to extract orebody knowledge and exploration insight from any type of geochemical data.
This workshop provides participants with fundamentals of ore body and exploration geochemistry, and illustrates the role of geochemical data analysis in the economic evaluation of mineral resources through their life cycle; from exploration to mine closure.
- Methods of geochemical determinations
- Machine learning applications to geochemical data
- Mapping orebody domains using geochemistry
- Mineral deposit exploration models from geochemical data
- Juan Carlos Ordóñez-Calderón, Kinross Gold Corp.
- Lynda Bloom, Analytical Solutions Ltd.
- Pim van Geffen, CSA Global
- Fred Blaine, IMDEX Ltd.
- Tom Meuzelaar, Life Cycle Geo
- Britt Bluemel, GoldSpot Discoveries Corp.
- Stéphane Perrouty, Laurentian University
LEVEL OF COMPREHENSION
$550 non member
For more information, please contact Marketing@csaglobal.com for more information.