An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Resource, Exploration and Mine Geology team at CSA Global.
We are seeking the services of an experienced Senior Resource Geologist who enjoys being challenged and is a master of multi-tasking.
This Permanent Part-time role will based in our Brisbane Office.
About CSA Global
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry. Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally.
We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas. CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
This role offers you the opportunity to gain broad exposure to our clients diverse business interests globally, as well as an outstanding working environment and lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Undertake resource modelling and estimation work for a diverse range of projects
• Supervise and assist with exploration and mine geology projects
• Drill planning and rig scheduling
• Statutory and client reporting in accordance with JORC / NI 43101 standards.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
• Outstanding resource estimation skills
• High standard of geological knowledge for one or more commodities (i.e. gold, copper, nickel, etc.)
• Good understanding of various metalliferous deposit types
• Good understanding of the JORC/ NI 43101/ SAMREC reporting codes
• Strong working knowledge of mining software packages (Datamine, Surpac or Micromine)
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks to a high standard.
• Advanced Datamine skills
• Working knowledge of GIS (Mapinfo, ArcGIS)
• Exploration and/or underground mining experience.
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to Patrick Maher.
Visit our website for more information. Closing date for all applications is Monday 10th April 2017.
**Only successful candidates will be contacted**