An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Mining team at CSA Global.
We are seeking the services of an experienced Principal level Mining Engineer who enjoys being challenged and is a master of multi-tasking.
This is a full-time role based in our Horsham office in the United Kingdom.
About the Company
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry.
Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally. We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas.
CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Complete hands-on technical work relating to mining studies, mine planning (optimisations, scheduling, cost/economic modelling), Ore Reserve reporting, due diligence studies and operational reviews.
- Client-facing activities including marketing of CSA Global services and scope of work proposal generation.
- Project managing of mining projects, and collaborative working with the UK mining team and the global mining team.
- Provide innovative solutions to customers that deliver superior outcomes.
- Preparation of mining team budgets, supervision and mentoring of senior level mining team members and contribution to the growth of the mining team.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering and at least 15 continuous years industry experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different levels of study, supported by global staff where required.
- Technical expert in mine operations and planning, with a pragmatic, value-adding approach.
- Strong customer focus and management skills.
- Superior report writing skills.
- Both open cut and underground mine management and or mine operations experience.
- Mine planning experience in either operating mines or at detailed mine planning studies.
- Expert user of mining software such as, Datamine, Surpac, Whittle, Minex, Mine 24D, Vulcan, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of JORC and NI 43-101, Samrec and other codes and reporting requirements.
- Sufficient experience to act as QP/CP for Reserve Estimates in a number of commodities.
- Undertaking of Due Diligence studies.
- Project management experience with small professional teams.
- Desire to be part of a growing team that affords opportunity to develop in to a Manager role.
- Significant experience in the consulting environment.
- Range of commodities and mining methods.
CSA Global Culture
CSA Global has a culture of excellence that revolves around our core values of care, integrity and respect. We have an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive outlook and flexible approach which create a rewarding work environment. Leadership, excellence and extra effort are rewarded via opportunities for promotion. Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted about this particular position.
Applying for this Role
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to: email@example.com
Visit our website at www.csaglobal.com for more information.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 14 December 2018.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.