CSA Global announces 2020 Training Dates on ‘The Principles of Structural Data Collection and Controls.’
This one day training course teaches participants how to improve their structural data collection, recognise and manage quality control issues in oriented drill core and demonstrates how structural data can be analysed to allow a better understanding of structural controls on mineralisation.
This course will ensure the structural data you are collecting is useful to all stakeholders in the life of mine value chain.
DATES IN 2020
- Tuesday 17 March
- Friday 15 May
- Tuesday 21 July
- Tuesday 20 October
- Tuesday 24 March
- Tuesday 28 July
PRESENTED BY: Principal Consultants Geologist, Dr Jamie Robinson and Consultant Geologist, Dr Rob Holm.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a solid grounding in ten important skills in Structural Data Collection and Controls.
You will be able to:
- Spot how to quickly assess the quality of structural data collected from drill core;
- Learn methods of applying core orientation confidence;
- Identify problem data in the database for filtering during analysis and/or interpretation;
- Understand how planar and linear data is plotted on a stereographic net;
- Learn how to examine populations of planar structures;
- Recognise what can be achieved with effective analysis of structural data;
- Extract meaningful geometric outcomes from analysis of structural data;
- Learn different methods of sub-dividing data;
- Discover how to recognise important patterns within data sets;
- Learn approaches to extracting value from both individual oriented drill holes or extensive oriented drill hole data sets.
ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS
DR JAMIE ROBINSON
Jamie is a principal consultant geologist with extensive experience in the analysis of structurally controlled mineral systems and exploration targeting. He has worked extensively in exploration focused research and development project roles, as well as precious and base metal exploration. Jamie has strong skills in data integration, mineral system analysis and 3D modelling and is a Principal Consultant in exploration with CSA Global.
DR ROB HOLM
Rob is an expert geologist with an extensive and diverse background in the minerals as well as oil and gas sectors. He specialises in structural geology, geophysical interpretation, petrology and geochemistry, coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver integrated geological solutions. Rob holds extensive experience in geoscience training and education, and is currently a consultant with CSA Global.
PLACES ARE LIMITED