CSA Global is pleased to collaborate with The Economic Geology Research Centre (EGRU) to offer: QAQC for Mineral Exploration and Beyond on Saturday 27 April, 2019 at the James Cook University in Townsville, Queensland.
This one-day short course is designed to present a clear and practical approach to designing, implementing and assessing QAQC protocols for exploration and drilling programs.
It will involve a series of practical exercises that will allow the participants to develop confidence in plotting and assessing quality control data using real-world data.
Emphasis will be placed on using quality control data to reduce ambiguities associated with the interpretation of exploration results and to help minimize errors in resource estimates.
Topics covered will include:
- Implications for exploration and resource estimation
- Representative sampling and data precision from field to instrument
- Selection of certified reference materials (CRM)
- Check Assays and Blanks – when, where and howIn-house laboratory quality control data
- Quality control for additional data sets: e.g. bulk density, collar and down-hole surveys
- Reference material control plots
- Estimates of data precision
- Acceptable carry-over vs cross contamination
- Quality control failure
- Tracking issues, actions and outcomes
- Database structure
- Data verification
- Integration of quality control data
EGRU Member $550 | Non EGRU Member $770 | AIG Member $715
Register for this workshop by emailing: email@example.com
For more information on EGRU, click here.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Dennis Arne has over 35 years’ experience as a geologist and geochemist, working in a wide range of commodities and environments. In recent years he has consulted to exploration programs for precious and base metals exploration in Australia, North America, South America and the Middle East. This has included the design and implementation of geochemical surveys, the interpretation of geochemical data, the design of QA/QC programs, reviews of geochemical data quality and training of personnel. He has published extensively in the areas of applied geochemistry and economic geology.