An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Data team at CSA Global. We are seeking the services of an experienced Senior Data Geologist who enjoys being challenged and is a master of multi-tasking.
This is a full-time role based in our Johannesburg office in South Africa.
About the Company
CSA Global is a privately-owned consulting company that provides multi-disciplinary services to clients in the global mining and resources industry.
Our origins date back to 1984 when the original parent company, CSA Group was founded in Ireland and in 1986 established its headquarters in Perth, Western Australia.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the leading mining and industry consultancies globally. We cover all stages of the exploration and mining cycle and have extensive experience on projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas.
CSA Global offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, focused on teamwork and matching expertise and interests with projects and provides the freedom to succeed in an environment where your opinion matters.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Complete all tasks in line with CSA Global and client safety policy.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Integrate and communicate with other CSA Global offices and team members.
- Develop client relationships and industry knowledge.
- Provide best practice data capture and analytic solutions.
- Maintaining and implementing geological and mining databases.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position include:
- Tertiary geoscientific qualifications and at least 5 years industry experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, supported by global staff where required.
- Technical expert in data management and relevant software – acQuire, DataShed or Geobank as well as ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS.
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases and Structured Query Language.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Strong customer focus.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of geological and assay QAQC process.
- Understanding of site procedures in the mining sector would be beneficial.
- Desire to be part of a growing team that affords opportunity to progress within a global company.
- Have geological modelling software experience e.g. Micromine, Leapfrog or similar.
- Possess Business Intelligence skills.
- Ability to speak a second language.
CSA Global Culture
CSA Global has a culture of excellence that revolves around our core values of care, integrity and respect. We have an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive outlook and flexible approach which create a rewarding work environment. Leadership, excellence and extra effort are rewarded via opportunities for promotion. Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted about this particular position.
Applying for this Role
To apply for this role, please send your application letter and a copy of your CV in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.csaglobal.com for more information.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 21 December 2018.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.