CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological and mining consulting company providing strategic mining services, and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide.
CSA Global prides itself on providing an integrated approach across the mine value chain with an emphasis on geoscience, innovative solutions and adding value to our clients’ projects.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Senior Mining Engineer to join our global team in Vancouver or Toronto.
The successful person will deliver client projects with the highest standard of professionalism and technical excellence.
The local and global team will provide technical expertise and guidance to develop the person as their exposure to clients, commodities and countries grows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce mining engineering studies from conceptual through to Feasibility Studies within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Conduct mine optimisation, design, scheduling, cost estimation and operational support to assist our clients in realising the highest value from their projects.
- Deliver a high standard of professional work that reflects the client requirements and grows the business’ reputation.
- Deliver projects on time and budget, monitor and report project performance.
- Generate professional, accurate and concise technical reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s unique requirements.
- Successfully navigate through ambiguity to deliver projects.
- Participate in generating proposals and project plans to execute work for clients.
- Conduct Peer Reviews to provide appropriate quality assurance.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Comprehensive experience as an Underground and/or Open Pit Mining Engineer in either operating mines or detailed mine planning studies.
- Competent user of mine planning software, e.g. Deswick, Micromine, Datamine, Surpac, Whittle 4x.
- Familiarity with NI 43-101 and awareness of JORC and Samrec reporting code requirements.
- Aware of experience required to achieve competency for Ore Reserve estimates in several commodities.
- Experience with client engagement or business development will be highly regarded.
- An understanding and respect of health and safety, which is demonstrated through behaviour.
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written reports.
- Proven ability to work as a productive and positive team member.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering.
- To be registered and in good standing with one or more of the provincial Canadian Engineering regulatory bodies (PEng), and added beneficial registration with AusIMM or other crucial international engineering societies.
- Valid working rights in Canada.
To excel in this role, it is essential that you have the technical ability and are passionate about and have proficiency in business development. CSA Global has its own style of business development, where networks and integrity are critical. These attributes must be central to the way you approach business development. The successful person must be client-centric with a mantra of providing outstanding service, delivering top-quality work, and adding value to everything we do.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic, and team-focused work environment where people’s expertise and interests are matched with projects to provide them with the freedom to succeed. While having a global focus, the team is small enough to be agile and for individuals to make a big difference. The company prides itself on being a value-driven organisation. We care about employees’ wellbeing, everyone’s opinion matters, and we still remember to have fun.
If you are ready for your next career move, please apply by clicking here. This link will direct you to the ERM (parent company) website and navigate you through the application process.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital, or disability status.