Online Professional Certificate in JORC Code Reporting
8 weeks (40H) | 6 online modules
The Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (‘the JORC Code’) is a professional code of practice that sets minimum standards for public reporting of minerals exploration results, mineral resources and ore reserves.
Alongside leading experts in the mining industry, AusIMM has developed the Online Professional Certificate in JORC CODE Reporting for resources professionals to understand how to report effectively and in accordance with the JORC Code.
The interactive, online format of the course will provide participants with an opportunity to learn in a community-based environment from wherever they are situated – in the office, on a mine site, at home or at the airport.
Note: This course does not enable a practitioner to qualify as a Competent Person. All the criteria as specified in the JORC Code must still be met.
- Recognise the obligations and liabilities of the Competent Person under the JORC Code.
- Develop a holistic view of the JORC Code and the role it plays in the minerals industry.
- Appreciate the role of the JORC Code within the context of your working environment.
- Appropriately apply the JORC Code in the reporting environment.
- Dispel misconceptions about the JORC Code.
- Identify good and poor technical reporting and the lessons learned from case study examples.
- Demonstrate the correct application of the JORC Code through interactive learning activities, facilitated by industry experts.
BAPPSC (GEOLOGY), MAUSIMM,GAICD
BSC(Hons) Geology, MAUSIMM, MAIG, JORC
BSC (Hons) Applied Geology, RPGEO, FAIG, FAUSIMM, FSEG, MGSA
KARL VAN OLDEN
BScC(Mining), Grad Dip Eng (Mineral Economics), MBA, FAUSIMM, MAICD
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- Mining industry professional involved in mineral resource and ore reserve estimation and public reporting.
- Mining companies listed or looking to list on the stock exchange.
- Aspiring competent persons.
It will develop an in depth understanding of the JORC Code and its application while learning from industry experts and alongside peers in an interactive environment.
This course is available online.