Principles of Structural Data Collection and Controls
1 day | AUD$795 + gst or CAD$795.00
Routine collection of quality structural data is frequently overlooked or undervalued in our industry at present; the lack of which can often lead to poor interpretations, ineffective targeting, and unnecessary additional costs.
There are several challenges that can prevent exploration, mining and database geologists from maximising the value of their structural data sets. These include what type of structural information should be collected, how much, and how to assess the quality of data collected from drill core.
This course teaches participants how to improve their structural data collection, recognise and manage quality control issues in oriented drill core and demonstrates how structural data can be analysed to allow a better understanding of structural controls on mineralisation. The course ensures the structural data you are collecting is useful to all stakeholders in the life of mine value chain.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a solid grounding in the following:
- Spot how to quickly assess the quality of structural data collected from drill core;
- Learn methods of applying core orientation confidence;
- Identify problem data in the database for filtering during analysis and/or interpretation;
- Understand how planar and linear data is plotted on a stereographic net;
- Learn how to examine populations of planar structures;
- Recognise what can be achieved with effective analysis of structural data;
- Extract meaningful geometric outcomes from analysis of structural data;
- Learn different methods of sub-dividing data;
- Discover how to recognise important patterns within data sets;
- Learn approaches to extracting value from both individual oriented drill holes or extensive oriented drill hole datasets.
Our facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise.
Who should attend
This one-day course will teach participants how to improve their structural data collection and assist them to gain a working knowledge of how structural data can be analysed to allow better understanding of structural controls on mineralisation.
This course is available on-site or as a customised training program.
Please note that cancellations within 5 days of the course date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
For more information, please contact Magda Fimmano, Marketing Communications Manager on:
+61 8 9355 1677 or by email.