CSA Global Principal Geologist, Felicity Hughes is pleased to present on “Why drill sample quality is so critical” at the Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG), “Unlocking the Benefits of Better ‘Driller-Geologist’ Partnerships” one day seminar on Monday 20 August, 2018 in Perth, Western Australia.
The AIG Western Australia branch will deliver presentations from initial contract negotiation through mobilisation and drilling operations to demobilisation.
- MAJOR SPONSOR INTRODUCTION Imdex/Reflex WA
- EXPLORATION SCORECARD Graham Short (AMEC)
- DRILLING CONTRACTS – Driller perspective – Peter Hall (ADIA)
- DRILLING CONTRACTS – Client perspective – John Emerson (Consultant)
- DRILLING CONTRACTS – Legal perspective Simon Panegyres (Mills Oakley)
DRILL PLANNING AND OPERATIONS
- PLANNING AND LOGISTICS – Driller perspective Ronnie Hill (Consultant)
- PLANNING AND LOGISTICS – Client perspective Paul Polito (Independence)
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – WA Govt perspective Martin Ralph (WA DMIRS)
- COMMUNICATIONS AND CONFLICT – Driller perspective Peter Jacobs (Foraco)
- COMMUNICATIONS AND CONFLICT – Client perspective Sarah Bear (Rio Tinto)
DRILLING AND GEOLOGY KNOWLEDGE NEEDS
- WHAT GEOS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DRILLING – Kim Wallis (Wallis Drilling)
- WHAT DRILLERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GEOLOGY – Paul Dunbar (Dunbar Resource Management)
- WHY DRILLING SAMPLE QUALITY IS SO CRITICAL – Felicity Hughes (CSA Global)
- DRILLING TECHNOLOGY IN 2028 – Andrew Bailey (MinEx CRC)
- TRANSPARENCY: THE KEY TO STRONG RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN DRILLING AND RESOURCE COMPANIES – Michelle Carey (Imdex/Reflex)
- UTILISATION OF UNDERGROUND RC DRILLING AND OPERATIONAL IMPACTS AT SUNRISE GOLD MINE – Fraser Clark (AngloGold Ashanti)
- ADVANCES IN DOWN-HOLE XRF CAPABILITIES – Matthew Mayne (Wireline Services Group)
MEET OUR PRESENTER
Felicity Hughes is a geologist/geochemist and possesses more than 35 years’ experience in a wide range of commodities; ranging from grass roots exploration planning and management, resource evaluation, feasibility, mine grade and ore control and geometallurgy. She has worked on the development and management of geological, beneficiation and geometallurgy models for First Quantum Minerals and has carried out due diligence for the Ravensthorpe Nickel Operations. Felicity has worked in Australia, Brazil and Zambia and has successfully run her own consultancy for more than fifteen years.
To register for this event, click here.
Connect with Felicity for more information.